Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saving for an Espresso Machine

Before we moved to a small village without a coffeeshop, I thought long and hard about what I really need on a day to day basis. Basically it boiled down to needing an espresso machine. Not just any espresso machine, mind you, but a good one.

Around Zurich, most of the machines are Nespresso branded and run between 100-200 CHF. The problem with the Nespresso branded machines is they take cartridges of ground beans and I object to the waste generated by individual packaging. The husband's work has a combo espresso/coffee machine that uses whole beans and the machine grinds these immediately before brewing the coffee. Of course I am lusting after this machine but it is somewhat pricey. I did find a cheaper home version but it is still expensive.

So I plot of a way to come up with the cash for this machine. Hopefully I will have one before my birthday - in April.

No comments: