Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Swiss OB Appointment

Today was my first Swiss OB appointment and it went swimmingly. Well, except I had the H1N1 vaccine and now my arm feels like I was stabbed in the arm. There was some debate as to getting the Swine Flu vaccine but pregnant friends of friends and pregnant online friends who came down with Swine Flu had a terrible time with it. I can't risk ending up in the hospital right now so I got the vaccine. Today was the first day my OB had the vaccine and I was the first patient to get it. Does that make me special?

The OB didn't receive my previous medical records in time so she wanted to do an ultrasound. Since I've been having bad feelings about this pregnancy, I consented and that is how I hurt my uterus. At least the first time. I am somewhat sensitive to ultrasounds and dopplers and my body aches afterward. Add that to running to catch the bus and I feel like I was hit by a truck.

S and I went to Starbucks and played Uno for an hour after my appointment and lunch. That was the highlight of the day.

No comments: